Architectural design embodies the physical and spiritual relationship between man and Nature. As such, architectural design is one of the most important activities of man, and has lasting effect on the world and man's history. Because design starts with dreams, ideas, and visions of a future environment, design is fun as well as important. We see our designs as embodiments of our clients' ideas, dreams, and needs. We strive for environmental sustainability, affordability, and for the efficient accommodation of client needs in the creation of beautiful constructed solutions.
Macdonald Architecture & Technology integrates structural and service technologies to design structures and buildings using all types of materials and structural systems. We assist owners in selection of the best, most efficient and cost effective materials and systems for their projects.
- Design Process: Our interactive design process includes integrated site & architectural design, conceptual, design development, building permit submission, construction plans, specifications & working drawings, 3D fly through digital model, BIM building information model, interactive cost estimating, and construction cost control.
- Sustainable Design: We practice sustainable design architecture, green design, low Carbon construction, for sustainable building design, with net zero fossil fuel use, earthquake, storm, flood, and wildfire survival, and universal sustainable interior design for family safety and accessibility.
- Energy: Energy independence is based on advanced technology such as: LED lighting, PoE energy distribution, Raspberry Pi sensors for security, in a smart home with smartphone control. Energy architecture incorporates: sustainable green passive solar, passive geothermal, and solar power generation with a whole house battery.
- Disaster Resistance: You can create a building that is: hurricane, flood, fire, and earthquake resistant. You can build an IBH fortified house, with a durable low VOC life-saving Ferrocement structure. Ferrocement is electromagnetic pulse EMP resistant, and resistant to rot, mold, mildew, fungus, vermin, ants, and termites.
- Getting Started: Let's talk about your ideas and your project: 540-349-5004
Designing your project is fun!
We enable you to realize your dream by assisting with site & building planning, material choices & appearance
- We provide structural, service & energy design integrated into your concept
- Explore your project during Design Development using our interactive 3-D digital modelling
- We advise on passive & active solar and off-grid Net Zero and smart homes
- We provide itemized interactive budget analyses for cost control during the design period
- We generate code compliant drawings of your project for Building Permit Submission
- We provide construction specifications and material schedules in your Working Drawings.