Lives and property can be saved by using strong construction technology. Durability and survivability are key factors in disaster resistance.
Good design – saves, protects, preserves
There are 3 important aspects to surviving a disaster and its aftermath:
- Life-saving building design
- Strong and durable materials
- Integrated survival systems
Life-saving building design
Structural geometry that increases resistance to extreme heat and wild fires, and to the lateral forces of wind, water, and seismic events through structural continuity.
- Active and passive solar provide comfort and energy to survive the aftermath
- Solar water purification provides clean water