Construction cost averages about 18% of the total cost of building ownership. So cost of maintenance, heating, and cooling averages about 82% of total cost. If an additional increment is spent during construction to achieve sustainability, it may save from 30% to 50% of the 82% maintenance and facility operation costs during the entire life of the building. Adding to construction cost to achieve operational savings substantially lowers overall cost of ownership.
Create a project that saves you money!
- Power over Ethernet, PoE, electrical power distribution reduces cost and conserves power
- LED lamps substantially reduce power consumption, and produce less residual heat
- Raspberry Pie chips & sensors show where people are, for security, opening doors, & adjusting lamps
- Family health through the choice of inert structural materials, without volatile organic compounds, VOC's
- This reduces indoor air pollution as well as mold, mildew, bacteria, rot and deterioration
- Extreme durability and low maintenance cost through durable material choices
- Interactive smart home control, programmed by computer and remote smartphone
Sustainable life styles using advanced architectural design principles
- house plans that generate, store, and distribute solar and geothermal heating & cooling
- super-insulated building envelopes that protect interiors from seasonal changes in temperature
- buildings that save money year after year create personal security and energy independence