Please contact us if your question is not adressed below!
Designing your building is fun!
We collaborate closely with our clients to realize their vision for their project. We employ 3D presentations to share design ideas.
- We enable you to realize your concept by assisting with planning, material choices, structure, & appearance
- We provide site planning, architectural, structural, service & interior design
- Explore your project during the Design Development Phase using our interactive 3D exploration model
- We advise on passive & active solar and off-grid Net Zero and smart buildings
- We provide itemized interactive Construction Budget Analyses for construction cost control
- We generate code compliant drawings of your project for Zoning and Building Permit Submission
- We provide construction specifications, service layouts, and material schedules for your Working Drawings.
Technological advances integrated into an energy-conservative design:
- Net Zero design for buildings that generate all the energy needed for living and interior comfort
- Passive Haus energy conservation through super-insulated construction with thermal breaks
- Passive Geothermal design using the earth’s constant energy to heat & cool your building all day all year without equipment or fuel consumption.
Achieve Energy Independence using Passive & Active solar heating, cooling & power generation.
- Project Feasibility Study
- Land Planning
- Value Engineering
- Project Management
- Bid Solicitation & shop drawing review
- Construction Management including change orders & contractor payment certificates.
Information gathering is the first step in architectural design.
- location & address
- map showing major site features
- site access
- topography, how the land slopes
- soils report
- site utilities
- information on how your building will be used
- list of spaces and their relation to each other
- pictures or descriptions of the style and type of design you prefer
- construction budget
- construction schedule
- local ordinances and zoning setbacks and requirements
- most USA regions observe the IBC International Building Code, and the IRC International Residential Code
- other specialty codes & restrictions
We design all building types and additions to all types of buildings, and we also provide town planning, community planning, and site design.
- commercial, retail, industrial & office buildings including town centers and malls
- space planning & tenant build-out in existing buildings
- hospitality buildings: tourist villas, hotels, motels, guest houses
- community buildings: medical, religious, community centers
- residential: single family homes, extended family compounds & shared living, multi-family apartments & mixed-use, affordable homes, social housing, emergency housing
- fortified design for safe rooms, & fortified prepper home designs
- wineries including: restaurants, tasting rooms, fermentation halls, bottling lines, cask and bottle storage
Our favorite kind of design is energy-efficient and disaster-resistant, using modern materials and methods, including Ferrocement structures and energy conservation principles:
- Net Zero buildings that produce the energy needed by occupants, as well as power for charging their electric cars
- Hurricane, earthquake, flood & storm surge resistant buildings
- Passive solar and geothermal energy design
- Integrated solar electrical power generation systems such as with a Tesla whole house battery
- Buildings with rainwater harvesting, filtering, and solar purification.
Yes, we have designed homes and buildings all over the USA as well as in the Caribbean and in Africa.
We communicate with our clients over the internet. We set up a private web portal dedicated to each project where documents and correspondence can be safely shared.
Normally we charge for our services on an hourly basis.
This is a flexible arrangement which allows clients to control design cost by doing some tasks themselves, such as making submissions for permits, etc.
Once we have discussed the scope of design work with you we will be able to estimate design cost for your project.